The ε-ORB, a maritime software application, has been developed aiming to enhance efficiency on board while demonstrating compliance with requirements of International Conventions and Flag Registries in relation to the Electronic Oil Record Book.
It has been designed in accordance with the MARPOL and IMO Circ.736/Circ.2 requirements to replace the traditional paper Oil Record Book and establish software transparency, credibility and traceability.
The ε-ORB is designed to replace the traditional paper oil record books (ORB) (Part I and Part II) and facilitate accurate ORB entries into an efficient electronic format.
Some real life examples the ε-ORB is intended to prevent:
- Oil record books reported missing on board
- Failure to document entries in ORB of internal transfer of oily mixture
- Discrepancies between entry into ORB and actual capacity of the oily water separator
- Falsification of log entries
- Paperless Solution and efficient record keeping
- Prevent vague entries and mistakes
- Prevent detentions and avoid delays at ports
- Prevent law suits and criminal changes
- Save man hours on board and on overtime costs
- Ensure Transparency and Accountability
- Companies ashore are up to date on vessel activity
- No chance of the oil record book missing on board
- Ease of mind pulling into ports knowing your vessel maintains accurate information
- Security Data recording &Transfer ashore
- Easily customizable software to become ship specific
- Accuracy and Precision